Boo! Like a little bit of ghost with your Valentine’s Day romance? Haley Whitehall’s Civil War story might be right for you!
Civil War Valentine has now been released as an individual short story. Are you looking to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit? The past and present collide in my sweet romance.
Charlie Bristol comes to Seattle to set up a traveling Valentine’s Day exhibit. The director of the museum surprises her with a package of Civil War valentines from an anonymous donor. She is touched by the heartfelt messages. Does such powerful love still exist?
During a nap she dreams she’s alive during the Civil War and meets Elliot Lowery, the author of the valentines who mistakes her for his fiancée Charlotte. She and Elliot negotiate the murky waters of wartime romance. When she wakes she’s still under the dream’s spell and Valentine’s Day love is in the air. Can love work some miracle time and death cannot overcome?
Civil War Valentine is a 9000+ word short story
Top 10 Things You Don’t Know about Charlie Bristol
- She has a doctorate in historic preservation
- She is addicted to Starbucks coffee
- She is a cat person
- After her recent divorce she became an avid romance reader
- She is a workaholic to avoid the loneliness at home
- She is from New York and loves the business of the city
- Even though her nickname is Charlie she is more the Barbie type
- She treats herself by going to a Broadway show
- Her favorite time period is the Victorian era
- She wishes she could just sleep through Valentine’s Day
Civil War Valentine is available on Amazon and Smashwords. It will be available at more ebook retailers soon.
Haley Whitehall lives in Washington State where she enjoys all four seasons and the surrounding wildlife. She writes historical fiction and historical romance set in the 19th century U.S. When she is not researching or writing, she plays with her cats, watches the Western and History Channels, and goes antiquing. She is hoping to build a time machine so she can go in search of her prince charming. A good book, a cup of coffee, and a view of the mountains make her happy. Visit Haley’s website at http://haleywhitehall.com.
Haley loves to connect with readers. You can find her here:
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Haley-Whitehall/e/B0078EO6CE/