I’ve been tagged in the Next Big Thing blog tour by Alissa Baxter! Her blog post is here.
Today, I’m answering the 10 questions based on my M/M One Night Stand coming out from Decadent Publishing later this year:
- What is your working title/title of your book? Lover Enslaved: 24 Hours in Mumbai
- Where did the idea come from for the book? I’m not sure… LOL I think I was deathly ill at the time I wrote it and probably feverish. Can’t quite recall. These characters just showed up!
- What genre does your book fall under? M/M Contemporary romance with interracial and multicultural elements
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Somebody young and dark and sexy for Arjun, and someone older and wiser for Thomas.
- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Man loses job only to find love in Mumbai during an arranged One Night Stand.
- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Published by Decadent Publishing.
- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Three days! I was feverish and immobile. I pretty much just typed.
- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Well any of the other One Night Stand M/M stories from Decadent and I would also include all books in the prostitute rescue trope. Arjun’s not exactly a heart of gold prostitute but he definitely needs the rescue!
- Who or what inspired you to write this book? I can’t say. These characters just popped out of my head one day and knocked on the door.
- What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Anyone who liked Slumdog Millionaire or similar Bollywood movies or anybody with an interest in Hinduism will find something to relate to here.
Now I’m going to tag the following authors to play along with me:
Tara Quan: http://taraquan.com/
TD Hassett: http://tdhassett.wordpress.com/
Jennah Scott: http://www.jennahscott.com/
Be sure and visit their site on Monday, May 6th to learn what they have to say about their current WIP!